Primary Physical Education Specialist / Sports Coach – SEPTEMBER 2019
Job Title: Primary: Primary PE Specialist / Sports Coach
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed term
Start date: September 2019
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Up & Under Sports is an organisation which prides itself on being more than just a sports coaching company. We use sport as the vehicle to inspire, develop, nurture and educate young people to improve and develop not just their physical health but also their mental health.
We work very closely with schools to create a working partnership which enables us to become embedded in the school curriculum so that we can deliver the highest quality lessons to the pupils. Through our bespoke teacher mentoring programme, we are able to develop the confidence and ability of teachers to improve the standards of PE taught in our primary schools.
To meet the demand of our ever-growing school commitments, we are searching for a new full time PE specialist to join our dedicated and passionate team. To maintain our reputation for providing the highest quality of PE and Sports delivery in the area, we are looking for someone of high calibre who can plan, prepare and implement sessions which are dynamic, progressive and motivating for all the children involved.
Our Up & Under Sports team of teachers and coaches are equally respected and supported through the management structure that we have in place and CPD opportunities to continue professional development are encouraged. The successful candidate would be involved in curriculum time delivery, after school clubs and holiday clubs for Early Years through to Key stage 2 children. Applications from experienced teachers or NQTs are equally welcomed.
We are looking for a PE Specialist who can demonstrate:
- An excellent knowledge of Physical Education curriculum in primary schools.
- The ability to deliver a range of exciting and engaging sports activities to children across the primary age range.
- The desire to develop and inspire children.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent behaviour management.
- A passion for teaching and learning.
- A commitment to their own continuous professional development.
- A great attitude to develop yourself and the company moving forwards.
Candidates will need to possess the following:
- At least one National Governing Body (NGB) Level 2 qualification or a teaching qualification.
- An up to date DBS disclosure.
- Full clean driving license and own transport.
Candidates will be required to attend the following courses if not already qualified:
- Safeguarding and Child Protection certificate.
- Emergency First Aid Certificate.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay with added bonus scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- A generous CPD allowance to allow you to develop within the company.
- Consistent support and guidance from the supportive and driven leadership team.
- A dynamic, friendly team who are passionate about raising standards and aspirations for all children.
- An exciting and evolving workplace involving social events and experiences.
This position is for a fixed term contract which will be reviewed at the end of the 2019 – 2020 academic year with a view to making the contract permanent. The candidate will be required to have an informal interview and if successful deliver a practical session to a group of primary aged children.
How to apply:
To apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter indicating your suitability for the role along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm – Monday 1st July 2019